Your privacy is important to us. It is The Eventful Group’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect and use.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. Whenever possible and practical we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected before or at the time of collecting personal information. We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
These purposes could include:
- For event registration.
- For event attendance.
- To provide you with information about our conferences which we feel will closely match your preferences.
- For assessment and analysis enabling us to improve our service offering.
- Using your information to make decisions about your needs and service preferences using computerised technology.
We may keep you up to date with our services (including details of conferences, special offers and discounts) by using the following methods:
- Mobile messaging
- Notifications through The Eventful Group App
If you do not want to receive information from The Eventful Group (Pty) Ltd, please:
- Tick the opt-out box when registering electronically (on the websites) or on printed application forms.
- Inform the telephone operator.
- Click the unsubscribe button when receiving emails from us.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.