This year sees the launch of the Legal Innovation & Tech Fest in South Africa, the first event of its kind in the country.
You might be wondering how the agenda for this event is developed so as to be on point with the latest pressing issues in the industry.
It’s down to a unique research methodology that really gets industry professionals speaking their minds and sharing real challenges, plans and trends. A series of roundtable discussions and interviews with legal professionals results in a list of hot topics that have been debated and discussed within the community.
It is these topics that will shape the agenda for Legal Innovation & Tech Fest 2018.
This Year’s Research
This year’s research groups saw over 100 senior professionals from law firms, in-house legal teams and alternative legal service providers getting together for small face-to-face discussion groups facilitated by an industry thought-leader in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Discussions revolved around the challenges and ideas for improvement and innovation in the world of law.
The following 8 themes emerged from the roundtable discussions as being most important to the legal community:
- The legal ecosystem, legal business and the lawyer of the future
- Building the skills and capability for successful innovation
- Data-driven decision making – what you can measure you can manage
- The strategy, the ROI and the business case for innovation, change and collaboration
- Leveraging user experience to drive user adoption
- Demystifying artificial intelligence, automation and augmentation
- The vendor conundrum – sales, implementation and beyond
- Stakeholder, project and change management
The discussions around these topics were captured in an extensive research report which you can download here for more detailed insight.
Legal Innovation & Tech Fest 2018
The inaugural Legal Innovation and Tech Fest will launch in South Africa in June 2018 and will demonstrate how legal innovation is being enabled by technology through a combination of case studies, thought-leader presentations, discussion groups, product demos and panels. All based around the key topics brought forward by the community in this report.
We look forward to building the agenda and continuing the inspiring conversations around these themes. See you at Legal Innovation & Tech Fest 2018!